NLSA Molson Challenge Cup



Friday, January 2, 2009

St. Lawrence Laurentians of 1966

St. Lawrence Laurentians of 1966

Click on the photo for an enlargement

Front Row - (L-R) Ray Slaney, Ray Farrell, Frank Tobin, Bob Slaney, Cyril Quirke and Carl Ferrie

Middle Row - (L-R) Hugh Tarrant, Jerome Slaney, Brendan Slaney, Norm Kelly and Gerald (Moose) Fitzpatrick

Back Row- (L-R) Ron Slaney, Howard Lake, Pat Slaney, Keith Walsh, Mike Quirke, Reg Farrell, Wils Molloy, Carl Farrell and Coach Jack Lundrigan


I took a photo of this 1966 St.Lawrence team on my digital camera when I was home during Christmas. Never had I seen this team picture before. Wils Molloy had the picture and Wils informed me that the picture was taken in St.John's at Fort Pepperell ( Pleasantville, then known as Fort PEPPERRELL, was an American military base) Actually, you can see some of the old Buildings that are still standing in the background.

I can remember this team fairly well and most of the guys that were on it also played on the St.Lawrence 1967 team that were the first team to represent Newfoundland in Challenge Cup Competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment