NLSA Molson Challenge Cup



Wednesday, January 14, 2009

St. John's, New Indoor Soccer Building Collasped

Photo's by Gord Dunphy






NL Soccer suffers another major setback

Just six weeks after a major rainstorm storm severely damaged the King George "V" Field, the province of Newfoundland and Labrador is faced with another major setback. Earlier today,
the new Indoor Soccer Facility, located in Pleasantville, has been severely damaged due to the high winds that are presently existing in St. John's. Winds of 100 km per hour has collapsed the entire steel structure of the building.
A visit to the site
I just got back from the site and I am totally shocked at what I've seen. Early reports had indicated that the winds had damaged two sides of the building. But what I actually saw was an entire building that had collapsed. Yes, I mean totally collapsed. The entire building is down and while I was at the site I spoke with Jim Buckingham. Mr. Buckingham, along with Johnny Breen and a third party
( Corporate Business) are the owners of the building. Mr. Buckingham informed me that the building is a 100% write-off. Jim also said,"that there was no one on the site at the time that the building collapsed".

No comments:

Post a Comment