NLSA Molson Challenge Cup



Friday, July 25, 2008

David Beckham

After watching the MLS All- Star game between the MLS All-Stars and the West Ham United Team that game was the best I've ever watched and so were the talents of Beckham. I've learned so much from this game it is unbelievable. I put my focus on Beckham for the entire 90 minutes of the game and the 4 minutes of added time.
The MLS played a 4-4-2 system and Beckham played outside right midfield. He controlled the game. They say, "Bend it like Beckham" and it is unreal how he really can bend it. The way both him and the outside wingback partnered up and took control of the right side of the field was amazing. He was moving the entire game. His fitness level is unparallelled by any athlete in the world. He is competitor once the game is on.The West Ham United Team came to win and gave it their all. They are a very good team.
There is no doubt why this guy is one of the best soccer players in the world and I'll never forget the experience of having seen him play. It was the thrill of a life time.
I would certainly like to thank both of my daughters here in Toronto, Melissa and Lori, for the ticket to game.

Photo's of the game and my visit to the Canadian Soccer Association Hall of Fame to follow.

Gord

No comments:

Post a Comment